Monday, November 24, 2014

Morning Nectar With Georgie Bee: More Stories From the Hive


Title: Morning Nectar With Georgie Bee: More Stories From the Hive
Author: "Georgie Bee"
Publisher: "The Bee Society Press"
Rating: WARTY!


DISCLOSURE: Unlike the majority of reviews in this blog, I've neither bought this book nor borrowed it from the library. This is a "galley" copy ebook, supplied by Net Galley. I'm not receiving (nor will I expect to receive or accept) remuneration for this review. The chance to read a new book is often reward aplenty!

This is a follow-up to The Bee Society which I haven't read. This is evidently a series which attempts to copy The Bee Movie, but for me it fails to capture the humor and innocence of that movie, and it brings nothing new to the table. There's no real story here; it consists solely of rambling on and on about various topics, none of which were very gripping.

The humor consisted largely of inserting "bee" in place of "be". Some might find that hilarious, but to me it wasn't funny or entertaining. Actually it was rather annoying to keep reading words like "beehavior" and sentences like "I'll bee there in a minute"

I read as far as I could - which was very roughly half-way through (there's really not a lot of text, and it's interspersed with some simplistic images) - but I was bored long before then. In the end I could stand to read no more of this. Life's too short, and I decided to move on to find something more engrossing and enjoyable. I cannot honestly recommend this one in good conscience.