Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Quick, Quick I feel Sick! by Allira Bell


Title: Quick, Quick I feel Sick!
Author: Allira Bell (no website found)
Publisher: Amazon
Rating: WORTHY!
illustrated by Tim Carter

This is my 1,000th review on my book blog!

I don't know Allira Bell yesterday (and technically I still don't know her today!), but she has hit my radar with the effect of raspberry jam (kudos if you know which movie that came from). That's why I'm reviewing two of her books today. The first one some people might not give a ghost of a chance to, and this one might make you sick, but I loved both of them. In a platonic sort of way, understand.

Beautifully written and gorgeously illustrated (just like the other one!) by Tim Carter, it nauseates me how quickly these books made me smile and enjoy them! This one is about a family taken ill on a car trip. Now tell me who would even think of an idea like that, much less get a readable book out of it? Ring a Bell?

The car is stopped and out gets Dominic. The rhymes are delightful. He's followed by sister Daffodil, in the flower of her youth. Next comes dad, followed by granddad and mom. Some people might argue that there ought to be an inquiry into how it is that mom was left until last, but I don't think the locals could stomach it.

The only one who seems to have escaped this ill-omened event is the baby. Now what did this child have for lunch today? The coloring and drawing were great, the rhymes bouncy and fun, and the whole thing crazy. I started wondering what the heck was going through the author's mind when she dreamed this one up, but decided it would probably give me a tummy upset. Let's just say I recommend this one for fun and color and craziness. And even some educational value given the recent food recall by a certain ice cream manufacturer!