Monday, August 17, 2015

Young Terrorists Volume 1: Pierce The Veil by Matt Pizzolo


Rating: WARTY!

The story in this graphic novel (of which I read an advance review copy) was rather different from what the blurb had made it appear to me, which annoyed me. In very broad, general terms, the two were similar, but this particular novel gave me the impression of being a prologue. I don't do prologues! I did read this all the way through, however, and I found nothing about it which pleased or thrilled me.

The premise is a tired one: youth fights the mega-corporations of the future. Animal testing is thrown in to try to garner some sympathy, but it's hard to have any sympathy at all for people who think that throwing bombs is the best solution to something which displeases you. There was no justification offered for it other than "rebel youth" which is pretty sad.

Both writing and artwork were average, and the story overall was dissipated and disjointed, making it irritating at best, and very forgettable at worst. I am writing this just a couple of days after reading the story and I can barely remember it. I think that pretty much says it all. I can't recommend this one, and I have no desire to pursue this series.