Sunday, August 21, 2016

I Love You! by Calee M Lee, Tricia Tharp


Rating: WORTHY!

This is another of those novels that shows just how pathetic Amazon's crappy Kindle app truly is. I got the Nook app edition form barnes & Noble, and this is a young children's book which talks about how much a child is loved. It has the advantage of being readable through the text, or listenable, so your child can enjoy this even when you can't read to them right that minute. Tricia Tharp's artwork is simplistic, but elegant, and perfect for young children.

There's a bilingual edition, and it strikes me that it wouldn't be hard to make this multi-lingual, so I have to ask why the voice of choice is female. Don't males love their children? I do! There is, however, a facility whereby you can record your own voice and save it so that you can play it instead of the stock voice included, so whenever your child listens to this, they can listen to it in your voice - or in the child's own voice. I think this is pretty cool. It doesn't replace sitting your kid on your lap or tucking them into bed and reading to them personally, but it will do at a pinch. It played well and was readable on my smart phone, so it's not like you have to rush out and buy a pad for it, either. I recommend this.