Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Rat Queens Vol 1 Sass and Sorcery by Kurtis Weibe


Rating: WORTHY!
Art work by Roc Upchurch

I loved volume two of this series and determined as soon as I'd finished it to get my hands on volume one, and I was not disappointed. Someone in the town wants to get rid of the mercenaries, and each of several teams of them is sent on a mission which is nothing more than a trap. Only two groups survive to return, the Rat Queens being one of them. The others are pretty much entirely destroyed. The Rat Queens seek revenge!

We get to see Betty the smidgeon reconcile with her girlfriend, and Violet the dwarf get a boyfriend and reconsider growing her beard. Dee the witch reconciles with her mom, and Hannah the elf, well Hannah is magic as usual.

I loved the script for this one as much as I did for the second one, and the art work was just as fine, so in all, this was a great volume and I recommend it.