Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Sandman Overture by Neil Gaiman


Rating: WARTY!

Illustrated weirdly by JH Williams the 3rd, the graphic novel failed to launch. The story made zero sense and the artwork was lousy. I trudged through about fifty percent of it and then asked myself why, and dropped it right back into the library return bin. It was ugly and unintelligible. This is one of two Gaiman reviews I am posting, and both are negative. As I said in my review for Interworld, I'd like to like Neil Gaiman. I loved the Doctor Who episode he wrote a couple of seasons back, and I really liked his novel Stardust, and I liked his Underwhere graphic novel, but ever since those, it seems that he's determined to thwart my every effort to like what he writes! I'm done with him and I can't recommend this at all.