For the Tenth day, let's talk about interminably resurrected fairytales, shall we?
Beauty and the beast Did you know there is over TWO HUNDRED retellings of this fairytale out there? That's pretty much 200 too many. Here are some I've had at least a passing acquaintanceship with:
- Rebel Rose by Emma Theriault is one I ditched recently.
- The Scarlet Rose by Valia Lind is one I Non-Reviewed.
- Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley is anotheer. Notice a commonality here?
- Beauty and the Professor by Skye Warren.
- For the Wolf by Hannah Whitten seems to me to be another one. Maybe not. Maybe it's just a Red Riding Hood redux, but if it was a mix of the two at least that would be something new, right?
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge was one I actually liked, believe it or not.
- Beast by Christine Pope, who has three strikes against her for me. I've tried three of her novels and haven't liked a single one of them so I'm done with her as a author.
- Bellamy and the Brute by Alicia Michaels is another a reviewed negatively a year or so ago.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik is another bad one.
- Of Beast and Beauty by Chanda Hahn was another yawn.
Cinderella> has literally scores upon scores of re-writes. It's tedious.
- Cinderella Screwed Me Over by Cindi Madsen. The title is, I admit, mildly amusing even though it makes no sense, but this is another one that I reviewed negatively.
- Cinderella Assassin by Allie Burton is a Non-Review for the stupid book description.
- Midnight Wings by Ariele Sieling yet another Non-Review based on the dumb-ass book blurb.
- The Dragon Choker by Stephanie Alexander was another fail.
- Cinderella Is Dead by Kalynn Bayron. How I wish that were true! But Cinderella will never die.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer was a winner, but it still had serious issues. And I quickly gave up on the series it started.
- The Shadow in the Glass by JJA Harwood - another loser.
- Cinders by Cara Malone. WARTY!
- Ella the Slayer by AW Exley. Warty to the max!