Saturday, December 28, 2013

Beka Cooper by Tamora Pierce





Title: Beka Cooper
Author: Tamora Pierce
Publisher: Listening Library
Rating: WARTY!

This audio CD is narrated by Susan Denaker and I wasn't impressed.

This was the last audio book I have for review in 2013, and I'm sorry to have to report that it was a huge disappointment. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the previous Tamora Pierce novel I reviewed, Alanna, but I did realize that it was below my age range, and there were parts of it which were entertaining even so, so I rated it generously. I decided to give it another chance with a different story that looked like it might be more grown up, and I was even more disappointed with this one than I was with the first one!

The novel was told in the first person - like these primitive and ill-educated people kept journals routinely of everything they ever did! But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that this novel was the most tedious I have listened to in a long time. It was mind-numbingly boring and totally uninteresting, larded with horrendously irrelevant and tedious details of a person's life that did absolutely nothing whatsoever to move the story anywhere but down the toilet. I don't even care what age group this was written for, because it sucked by any standard. This is a warty read and I am seriously done with Tamora Pierce.