Sunday, July 26, 2020

Welcome to Camp Coral by David Lewman, Heather Martinez


Rating: WORTHY!

This is definitely for fans of Spongebob, which I'm really not. I don't dislike the show per se, and I've seen a few episodes, but it's not something I'm interested in. This was well-written by Lewman, and nicely illustrated by Martinez.

This however is the perfect introduction for young fans, casting your mind back to Spongebob's early days when he went to camp and curiously met everyone he would associate with in later life, including Patrick Star, Sandy Cheeks, Plankton, Squidward Tentacles, Mr Krabs and even Gary the Snail. It was a fun tale for youngsters being just like they are: small format and short, and I commend it as a worthy read. It's not even that expensive to buy at about five bucks.