Monday, October 4, 2021

A Ring Bear? by Christy Brown

Rating: WORTHY!

From an advance review copy for which I thank the publisher.

It's always fun to take a youthful misunderstanding and run with it. When he hears he's going to be the ring-bearer at his aunt's wedding, what really hears is that he will be a ring bear. He struggles for some time with the delightful help of his kid sister, to figure out how to be the Bear of the Rings, but eventually he cottons on and all is well. This was a fun story, with sweet color illustrations by Juan Rodriquez (not that Juan, the other Juan), and I commend it as a worthy read.

I have to say this was unreadable in the Kindle format. Kindle, to me, means turning something into kindling and that's what happens with Amazon's crappy conversion process. Unless it's plain vanilla text, do not subject your work to Kindle. It will ruin it. I read the PDF version of this and it was perfectly fine.