Tuesday, October 12, 2021

The Crown Jewels Boxed Set by Melanie Summers

Rating: WARTY!

"Bridget Jones meets The Princess Diaries" That's me out right there. If the blurb pretends that you, as an author, are really someone else, or worse, a mashup of two other people, well, that's an insult, not a recommendation. It tells me nothing about this novel because I haven't read either of those other series. What I want to know is what's in this book, not what's in other books, and if you're too fricking lazy as a blurb writer to actually write a decent description, instead substituting some shit you know about under the arrogant assumption that all potential readers will automatically know this too, then you're not telling me about the book - you're telling me instead that you're an asshole, and need to find work in some institution that welcomes assholes, such as the Republican party. We're done here.