Thursday, May 14, 2015

Powerpuff Girls Super Smash Up


Title: Powerpuff Girls Super Smash Up
Publisher: Idea & Design Works
Rating: WORTHY!

Illustrated by:
Derek Charm
Jorge Monlongo
Paulina Ganucheau
Christine Larsen
Nneka Myers.

It's just an ordinary day in the cty of Townsville. Traffic jams, escaped predators from the zoo, that hairy hillbilly of hate Fuzzy Lumpkins running amok looking for a date. Fortunately, Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup manage to get everything in order in good time to visit Dexter's laboratory! Unfortunately, Dexter's sister is loose and once again she trashes up everything demo-ing her latest dance, and ends-up not only transformed by subtance X, but in a parallel universe too!

But surely this is the kind of thing which terrifies Courage the Cowardly Dog, not the Powerpuff girls? Well, no. Courage is dealing with some rather strange cows which may(or may not) be aliens, and which also may (or may not) be dangerous.

It's just as well we have just us friends - or is it Justice Friends? - to deal with just these fiends. I have to say that even if I hadn't been won over by the amusing - if not insane - stories, I would have been won over by the art work which was beautifully rendered and intensely colorful. I mean intense. I have a couple of images on my blog if you want to take a look, but you can probably find some anywhere on the Internet.

I have to confess I was never really a fan of these shows, but my kids enjoyed them, and I got a contact low just from being around, They are quite addictive even as you flatly deny that you have any interest in them at all. I recommend this charming and charmed outing. If you want a sneak preview, there are examples of the shows on You Tube for Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's laboratory, and Courage the Cowardly Dog.